Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jesus - Correct

Matthew 3: 15: And Jesus answering said unto him, Allow it to be so now: for it is correct for us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he allowed him.

 

Correctness, accuracy, honesty, and truth are all words that blend together.  Jesus is correct in action.  Jesus is correct in motivation.  Jesus is correct in word.  Jesus is correct in thought.  Jesus is correct.  The great thing about meeting with Jesus is that His correctness overflows onto us.  He likes to do it the right way the first time.  I like knowing that's what He wants to do with my life.

 

Correct has not been to word for the day for me.  All day, uncorrect items have surfaced.  Projects that I thought were going great had to have adjustments due to being incorrect in plans.  Relationships that I thought were in good stead need to be adjusted due to incorrect assumptions.  Work details are askew due to incorrect decisions on my part.  Man!  Am I glad I have Jesus to help me get correct and accurate and honest and truthful?  You bet I am.  His grace will give me the ability and insight to apply correction.

 

ACT!  Think about what you are doing today.  Pick an item and make sure you do that one "correctly according to all righteousness".

 

PRAY!  Father, You are Holy and Perfect and Correct.  Let me enter into the "correct" ways and "allow" Jesus to build me in all righteousness in action, thought, word, and motivation.  I allow You to overflow my mind, will, and spirit with Your correctness.

 

 

If we can pray for you regarding anything in your life, please let us know.  Our greatest blessing is to bless others in prayer.  Over the next months, we will be reinventing portions of the website to better serve you.  Take a look, we’ve done much lately to make it simpler and more serving.  www.prayermetro.com   Phil

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Several things I had no idea some of the things I am facing today. This is timely !

    Day Of Prayer went fair. About a dozen folks dropped by. I was initially saddened by the lack of support but a friend reminded me that CHRIST is in control and those who showed up were the ones who needed to. Additionally, anyone who might have seen or been by or seen the fliers might have been touched.

    Please pray the once a month prayer luncheon we are starting will go well.

    Blessings !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a good word, Phil.

    I also admire your ability to be transparent.

    ReplyDelete