Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Royal Living, You. Kingly Risings.

Royal Living - Kingly Rising

Proverbs 25:6 Do not exalt yourself in the king’s presence, and do not claim a place among his great men;
7 it is better for him to say to you, "Come up here," than for him to humiliate you before his nobles.

Pennies For Names

At an industry function a pesty salesperson kept isolating me from the group. It was bothersome. It was painful. He will never sell to my company. The method of name dropping people he did not know well resulted in my dropping him from my list of potential vendors. In his space, I buy $100,000 a month. Nothing will go to his company.

Proving your ignorance of the needs of another by vaunting yourself forward through relationships or stance does not result in right results. It results in being pushed away from decision makers. So why do we do it?

Dollars for Listening

Another sales professional in the same product and service space listens. Her approach is open eared and malleable. When we conflict, we work through. She is welcomed in my office and among my team. There is no necessity for her to name drop to me or with my name. She just goes about her business. When I need a solution, I call her. In fact, I direct my staff to call her and get her advice.

Irritants

A continual dripping irritant is when a staff member uses my name to get someone else to agree with their idea. "Well, Phil said,........." and then something I never said is inserted or something totally out of context is included. When it gets back to me there is a persistent thought strain in my mind. A person who drops names to get approval is unsure of themself and their idea, unwilling to take personal responsibility, possibly disloyal, and definitely not convinced of their own direction. If you don't know where you are going, no road will get you there. You will end up in the wrong place every time.

This approach by a staff member tends to result in less influence and less appointed responsibility over time.

Cures

Live royal. Live confident.

There is a certain hubris to a confident person. They do not need to drop names. They do not need to sit in the front row. They do not need a light shined on them. They know who they are, take confident action, and assume responsibility. In time, they believe right will win over noise and persistent and diligent action will conquer any task. They study to show themself approved and focus energy and effort on results not impressions.

Prayer

Father, You are the author of confident hope and expectant faith. Bring such into You. Today show You direction and information that allows a persistent and diligent path through obstacles and into victories. Treat You as royal family.

May the eyes of our understanding be full of light to see the hope of our calling as royalty.

May the insight and inspiration of our hearts be encouraged to walk with excellence and steadfastness.

May we ever listen for the sound of Your power moving on our behalf in small and large exploits.

facebook: PrayerMetro
prayermetrodevotion.blogspot.com
twitter: PrayerMetro
phil@prayermetro.com
Phil Larson, 405-388-8037
508 Tumbleweed Dr.
Yukon, Oklahoma 73099

No comments:

Post a Comment