Monday, August 27, 2012

Updates on living, Friend, make living more joyful.

Philippians 4:4-5 JBPhillips  Delight yourselves in God, yes, find your joy in him at all times. Have a reputation for gentleness, and never forget the nearness of your Lord.
 
Life takes upgrades and updates.  Seems simple.  Seems complicated.  Seems confusing?
 
What do you mean by upgrades and updates on living?
 
Each of us is familiar with upgrading our computer or financial investments or golf clubs or some element of life.  Do you upgrade your living?  I'm not talking about the normal items we consider success such as job involvement or dollars in the bank or even hobbies and activities.  I'm talking about your thought life.
 
Life deals hard blows and happy moments.  When you delight yourself in God, you find that neither of these sways you much.  Upgrading your living can mean building a determined stance of joy in Jesus.  Updating your living can mean deciding on gentleness instead of anger and quietness instead of worry.  You can upgrade through a constant attitude that the Lord is near and listening and ready to answer.
 
During a recent bible study and prayer time with some new friends, we were exploring the friendship relationship we can have with the Father.  As we stopped to pray and acknowledge His nearness a certain hush engulfed the room.  It was fantastic.  To jointly experience that quiet love of God in a moment was certainly an upgrade to my day that day.  I had been on the run for several days from Mexico to Oklahoma and catching up on phone calls and emails and paying bills.  That nearness of God gave me a respite and joy that had been missing in the crunch.  It was an upgrade to my living this week.
 
Prayer:  Father, upgrade my living.  Bring me a quiet acknowledgement of how close You are to me right at this moment.  Still my soul.  Be gentle with me that I may repeat Your gentleness to others.  Let me focus on delighting myself in you instead of delighting myself in things and activities.  Upgrade my living experience.  Oh, Father, there are maybe 80 years on this side of living.  Yet, there is eternity offered with You.  Help me to relax and enjoy the moments You provide in all they have to offer.  Maybe some moments don't have much joy to offer, but let me connect with all the joy that is in them.  Help me upgrade my living by seeing the good in each moment.
 
 

Phil Larson 405-388-8037
to support financially:
PrayerMetro, Inc. 501c3 508 Tumbleweed Dr. Yukon, Ok 73099
Share every good thing you have with anyone who teaches you what God has said (CEV) Galatians 6:6
I am not trying to get something from you, but I want you to receive the blessings that come from giving.  CEV Philippians 4:17
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/PrayerMetro
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/prayermetro
Blog: http://prayermetrodevotion.blogspot.com
to unsubscribe reply with unsubscribe in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment