Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Prepare

Matthew 3: 3: For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Meeting Jesus takes preparation. So many times we want our friends to meet Him so quickly. But that meeting takes preparation. We have the opportunity to be Johns to help others prepare to meet Jesus. Even after many miracles, from prison, John sent his disciples to check Jesus out. It was a multi-stage process to meeting Jesus through John. The same is true today. People come one step closer each time, until they really meet Jesus for who He is, God.

Meeting Jesus in our daily life takes preparation. Sometimes we need to adjust our attitude and thoughts to be ready to receive Him into our day's activities. How many times have I spent an entire day with no communion with Him. Yet, He is always with me. He is always by my side. He is present 24 hours a day. Yet, communion with Him is not always there. It takes a stopping and listening to hear His voice quietly speaking. It takes opening the channels of our heart to connect with Him.

ACT! Think about a friend who needs to meet Jesus. Speak one sentence to them that will help prepare them for that moment of their first meeting.

PRAY!
Holy Father, prepare me today to meet Jesus. Help my attitude and approach get focused. Surely Jesus has acted in my day, and I don't want to miss Him. Give me the words to speak to help another sojourner come one step closer to their first meeting with Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Thank You, I am pleased you found me again. It is good to be back.

    ReplyDelete