Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Escape From Trouble

Matthew 2:13: And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. 14: When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

When trouble arises, Jesus is an escape artist. He is totally able to get us to a place of escape and safety. That's necessary sometimes. Sometimes facing the issue won't help. Sometimes trying to bring the trouble under rule won't help. Sometimes we need a place of escape. Sometimes we need Jesus to take us to a place to let trouble blow over. Then we can go back.

A few year's back had has been one of explosive blessing and trouble. Throughout that year He covered. Two children were married. Two children graduated from one level of school to the next. One child entered the university. My wife’s mother lived with us all year going through chemo. For six months I had a horrible disease keeping me from sleeping. A threat was held against my life and safety for many months. There was more. In all of this, one week I was working on some outlines to teach on God’s Plan for Health. While reading the notes, I notice I had slept soundly for four days and all symptoms of the disease were gone. I had tried diet changes, exercise changes, sleeping changes, purple pills, prayer, and frustrated yelps. In the midst of the mess, He just gave me a simple escape in healing.

ACT! Trouble comes in many forms. Do you need escape from one form or another? Take time to listen to God. Where is Egypt for your trouble? Where can you wait it out until it passes?

PRAY! Father, troubles surround us every day. You know all my troubles. You know the ones I can face and conquer. You know the ones I can give over to the governance of Jesus. You know the ones that need a place of escape. Show me the difference. Guide me.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Thank You for commenting. I am pleased to hear from you again. Would you please explain what you meant by the comment you made? I want to be perfectly clear on the meaning, I do not want to mix your words up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Thank You very much. I am pleased you think such things about my page. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete