Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Worth Following

Matthew 4: 21: And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.  22: And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

 

The daily drudge can easily cause us to miss opportunity presented.  Jesus is such an opportunity.  It takes guts to break the daily drudge and follow Him.

 

He is worth following.  He is worth more than our business and busyness.  He is worth more than our blood family.  He is worth more than any occupying of our time and life.  Jesus is just worth following.

 

In a business meeting recently, it struck me how many originally did not want to be a part of this team.  They had resisted and fumed and made noise in private and to my face.  We persisted.  In fact, a colleague new to the company persisted.  She continued to present the positive and the pressing needs.  She continued to follow up with them and with me.  What did I want to communicate?  How could she help?  She had been following me.  They followed her following me following the executives following the business needs of our customers.   What could happen if we fell in line following Jesus like that?

 

ACT!  Follow Him today.  Stop the daily drudge for 2 minutes and see if you can hear Him call.

 

PRAY!  Father, I'm listening.  I've put down my daily drudge, and am listening.  Call me.  Call me to follow Jesus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment