Thursday, November 12, 2009

Committed

Matthew 5:  17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished”.

Jesus is committed to the full plan of God.  Part of that plan is the law.  Part of that plan is for the law to show us our inabilities and ways to live a better life.  This law is detailed and damning and defining.  There is no avoiding it.  Even when we have not been taught the law, it will convict us of the need for a better life.

On a plane headed home, the woman next to me convicted me.  The memory scripture on which I was working talked about being wise with those who do not believe.  Here she was, unbelieving.  Here she was, looking for answers.

Really, airplane chatter is tough for me.  The noise and head stuffiness makes it hard to hear.  What if the person is a bad conversationalist?  The flight is 3.5 hours.  Every excuse presented itself.  The voice of the verse taunted my conscience.

The entire flight, we talked.  She asked about picking a good man, who would be a good father for children.  She asked about finding her passion in life and living faithfully to it.  She asked about relationships based on codependency.  She was looking for some counsel.  She was looking for a friend with the gospel.  She was looking with a friend with knowledge of the law that builds a better life.

ACT! Who is it that needs some light of the gospel?  Yes, the law will convict you to find the gospel.  Then it becomes a joy lived by the power of the gospel and the freedom of grace.

PRAY! Father, Your law convicts me of the need for grace.  Every day, I need grace.  Every day, I need mercy.  Any You provide it every day in every way.  Grace to endure.  Grace to rejoice.  Grace to be alive.  All of this is mine in Christ.  Mercy to be free.  Mercy to live with no condemnation.  Mercy to enter Your presence as a child and ask for love and life.  These are all mine in Christ.  Keep me moving forward in understanding and obedience.  Keep me open to live the Gospel so others might see and hear.

 

 

Phil Larson, 508 Tumbleweed Dr., Yukon, Oklahoma 73099  405-388-8037

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Thank You. I enjoy your comment. Perhaps you are right.

    ReplyDelete