Sunday, November 15, 2009

Legal

Matthew 5: 19: Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

 

So many times we hear of the Jesus of grace and mercy.  Surely, He is that.  He is also just and correct.  He requires us to live up to a higher standard.  That standard is easily achievable in Him, but only in Him.  On our own, we will never make it. 

 

Jesus is legal, correct, right, and focused on helping us move every day closer to the same place as Him.

 

Arguing with the team had become too common for Jack.  Over and over, he had covered key points needed to progress.  Over and over they had resisted and only complied with the smallest amount.  Now it was time to move forward.  Now it was time to break the stalemate.  

 

Jack called the group into his office.  Looking intently at each one, he challenged them to step up to the new procedures.  He declared it a “now” item not a tomorrow item.  It was time to do the work correctly. 

 

ACT!  Are you out of line somewhere with the simple instructions of life?  Ask forgiveness, get a new set of directions, and set out to make it different.

 

PRAY!  Father, I can get so caught up in doing in my way and doing what I think is right.  Help me see Your way.  Surely in Jesus, I can do what You ask me to do.  Don't let me get caught in the legalisms of others, but only follow as You ask me in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment