Friday, December 17, 2010

The Call

The Irregular Daily Dose

Work Day Devotions That Work

The Call

Matthew 9:9: And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

 

Matthew or Levi, he went by both, is changed at this moment of encounter.  Here he is going about the business of tax collecting, and Jesus calls for a change.  All of us face life changes at times.  The change of call is enormous in comparison to most. Matthew responds.  Matthew allows the call to change.  What will you do when Jesus calls?

 

ACT!  Examine your call from Jesus.  Write down a one sentence charter that explains what He wants you to do.

 

PRAY!  Father, am I following the call You designed for my life?  Am I collecting taxes, and you want me to be writing a gospel?  Am I going through the motions, and You want me fishing for men?  Can I do both?  Answer me, Lord, and I will follow.  Open my understanding and I will flow with Your will.  Call, and I am willing and ready.

 

 If we can pray for you regarding anything in your life, please let us know.  Our greatest blessing is to bless others in prayer. .  www.prayermetro.com   Phil@prayermetro.com


To unsubscribe simply reply to this message with the word unsubscribe in your subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment