Monday, December 27, 2010

Soul's Physician

The Irregular Daily Dose

Work Day Devotions That Work

Meet Jesus : Soul's Physician

Matthew 9:12: But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. 13: But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

“If you have everything you need physically, mentally, and emotionally and are healthy, why would you need a doctor or consultant?  The well folk don’t need help, but the needy.  But shake your brains and learn what this means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the perfect in their own minds, but those that realize their needs to a new way of thinking and living.”

 

Ever thought of your soul needing a physician?  That would be Jesus.  The influence of the influx of the world into our soul requires a constant physician. Over the years, I’ve found it valuable to listen in on the words of wise men and women on a regular basis.  The world spews some pretty tough and ugly words as a matter of normal course.  Listen to the world and you will believe that the only way to true happiness is sex, beer, fast cars, a 60” led/lcd/hd/tv thingamajiggy with phones that walk, talk, and stalk and a bag of chips.  Good words negate the poison and set a right direction. Yet, even all of the wise words have to be sifted.  I need a standard and a cleaning agent.

 

Jesus offers both.  Mercy and truth form a standard and cleansing comes through His blood.  Righteousness, the ability to confidently stand before Him with no thought of judgment or punishment, comes through the sacrifice of His life.  When I can stand in confidence, I can freely give up errant thoughts knowing I am accepted in Him.  I can freely take up good thoughts knowing He will work in me to bring them to good success.

 

All of us are welcomed into that healing relationship.  This is a free clinic.  There is no charge. Pained, stained, and ingrained stinkin’ thinkin’ can be exchanged for pure, cleansed, healthy thoughts 24/7.  Oh, He does want your life in exchange.  You would give up that old, hard heart for a new soft one right?  You would continue to give away the old, dirty, sickly stuff in your mind in exchange for clean, new purified and strong thoughts, right?

 

ACT!  Dump some junk out of your soul.  Pick up the ugliest thought you have and throw it out.  Find a good clean new thought in Jesus to replace it on the shelf of your soul's closet.

 

PRAY!  Father, it would be great if you just took this old mind and replaced it.  I know You have given me a new heart as I repented.  Help me to keep the process of mental cleanup going continually.  Stuff gets in.  Stuff corrupts my thinking.  I come to You honestly with some sickened thoughts of a sinner saved by grace.  These days, the world presses with wrong directions and my flesh misses the turns needed to get me where I need to go.  Purify, Father, my thoughts every day like a clean shower.  Build right thinking according to mercy and truth that wisdom would prevail.

 

 If we can pray for you regarding anything in your life, please let us know.  Our greatest blessing is to bless others in prayer. .  www.prayermetro.com   Phil@prayermetro.com

 

 


To unsubscribe simply reply to this message with the word unsubscribe in your subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment