Sunday, July 17, 2011

Evotion, Ride Above The Fight

Psalm 46: 7 The LORD of Hosts, The Lord Almighty, The Lord of the Armies Encamped For War is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

The Lord Almighty

The depth of the Hebrew that we translate Lord Almighty speaks of war. The hosts of God, the angelic powers, are camped for war. They are ready to be dispatched at the command of God. Ministering spirits are these angels set in opposition to the resistive demonic spirits and to physical enemies. God is their God. He is their commander-in-chief. This is the most commonly used name for God by the prophets.

Heady

That is quite heady stuff for a Christian. Do I really believe there are angels camped on my behalf to do war with my enemies? Yes. Joshua did and let the Captain of the Hosts lead him in great battles. Hezekiah did and 285,000 of his enemies were struck down in an evening. Jehosaphat did and his praisers unleashed an uprising in the enemy camp. Elisha did and he walked directly into the enemy stronghold though his city was surrounded by the enemy. Jesus did and he was sustained in the desert and during intense preparation prayer. Paul and Silas did and the jail was opened up. How do you believe?

With Us

Now for the real heady stuff. The Lord of Those Armies is with us. He is beside us. He walks the same path we walk. He observes our moments and our days and our challenges and our faults and our failures and our enemies. He is with us. This Lord of amazing actions and world shattering push and access to armies camped for war is with us.

The God of Jacob

Note the reference to Jacob, not Israel. This is not about a covenant with a nation. God covenants directly with men and women. With Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob, God promised to individuals. Out of those promises comes blessings to nations and families and companies and organizations. He promises to individuals. He walks with individuals.

Fortress

A fortress is a safe place in the war. It is a place you can breathe and relax and be assured you will last out the attack. When God is your fortress, you are secure.

Real Days

Over the last two weeks, there have been specific attacks against me and those that walk with me. Intense moments have been too frequent. Lies and innuendo popped up unexpectedly. In truth, some moments I handled with composure and confidence. In truth, some moments I handled badly and gave away my confidence. Against wisdom, I started in a direction to take solutions into my own hands instead of trusting the Lord of Hosts. Against good discretion, I began to fight back, man's way. Yet, in all, I reminded myself of His promises and protection. It kept me in check. That confidence kept me from attacking back. Bunkering into the fortress of His protection allowed me to adjust.

Riding High Above

What brought the adjustment was a simple insight. On Father's Day, my family joined me downtown for lunch and a walk. My granddaughter, Saryn, reached a point where she was tiring some during the walk. Like I have done for decades with kids, I picked her up and set her on my shoulders. There is a joy up there on those shoulders. A child feels above all the world and fully protected. Who can touch her on Poppa's shoulders? That is where I placed myself and my team in my prayers and thoughts. I placed us right on the shoulders of the Lord of Host and the God of Jacob. Capturing that moment in my mind, shifted me back to confident focus and trust.

Prayer

Lord Almighty, You are the Captain of the Hosts. There are angels camped around us. Together, we walk. Lift me. Lift Evotion. Lift those that walk with us. Place us in your fortress of love and confidence. Dispatch whatever is needed to bring us to good success.

 

 


Phil Larson, 405-388-8037'
508 Tumbleweed Dr.
Yukon, Oklahoma 73099

No comments:

Post a Comment