Sunday, November 20, 2011

ThanksLiving Week

Isaiah 44:23 Skies, sing for joy because the Lord did great things! Earth, shout for joy, even in your deepest parts! Sing, you mountains, with thanks to God. Sing, too, you trees in the forest!

As you navigate through this week of family gatherings, work luncheons, services, and community gatherings I pray you remember why our nation declares this week.

Thanksgiving has become a national time of taking time away from the daily grind and the mundane.

Has it become a time of real reflection on that for which we are thankful?

Has it become a time of centering decisions and actions on a life of being thankful?

May your many blessings consume your thoughts this week.

May your many accomplishments in life come to mind and stir your confidence.

May God's hand that has brought you thus far be on you in real and tangible ways.

May the grace that has brought you thus far be extended another season.

May you sing and shout and sing and sing so that any and all my see and say, "What a good thing, God has done."

Stay blessed and have a great week of ThanksLiving.


4 comments:

  1. Phil, I must tell you something. I've been saving all my spiritual message that I wrote these last 5 years or so. Within the last 2 month I finally put together all my writings which include quotes, poems, short stories and my testimony. The title of my book is called KEEPER OF THE FLAME. We live in a world of darkness, together let us keep the flame of Jesus alive. Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is that I published 50 books and everyone of my brothers and sisters received one. They were truly blessed. I received phone call from every one of them. Tony, a brother 1 1/2 years older than me said he was never so enlighten to read the little book. He has never read the bible and said that I made God's word so clear that he stayed up all night and read the whole thing. Every other message is a clear message of salvation. Thank you for being there for me, for encouraging me and praying for me. You never know how God is going to bless some one. Tony had a breast tumor and he called me to say that all the prayers worked because the doctor said that he did not have cancer. I will indeed have a great thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for. Lord bless you and your family and may you have a happy thankgiving as well, Love you in the Lord, Bro Louie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Too many get caught up in the activities of this time of year and forget the reasons for the seasons. Arkansas legislator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil have a great Thanksgiving and Thanksliving and may God bless you and your family this week. Thank you for your prayers and the messages you send me, I look towards them each week. Oklahoma Senator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Phil
    I am touched deeply by your prayers for me. Phil each day I try to thank our lord for all the blessings that my family and I have received over our life time. As a State Representative, I ask our lords guidance in all of my decisions that will affect the citizens of our great State. Once again thanks, Phil, it means every thing in our Nation. Arizona legislator

    ReplyDelete