Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Making a Difference For Youth, Friend.

Isaiah 40:30
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: (feebly stumble and fall exhausted,
 
Youth, teenagers, jovenes.... all the same.  This generation is looking for fathers and encouragers. 
= On FB recently I ran some test prompts centering on lack of hope.  Only teens responded.
= Of course teens have emo moments online.. they are teens.
= What happens when it goes beyond?  Do they "utterly fall"?
 
Isaiah looked at his times and looked at the youth and pointed out a potential for failure.  He did not do that to simply point out a problem.  He did it to point us to take action.
 
On my current reading time is a book featuring the fathering of Bud Wilkinson.  Legendary Coach, television personality, politician, businessman, and father.  Dear Jay, Love Dad.  Is a book written in love by his son, Jay.  It is based on letters (the emails of his day) of encouragement and counsel to a son growing through his youth. His letters from the sixties are teaching me even today.
 
As you go through 2012, think about ways you can hold up a young man or a young woman.  Make a difference.
 
Prayer:  Father, many have been in my life to hold me up.  When I would stumble, a pastor held me up.  When I would fall, a friend businessman would hold me up.  When I would trip, a concerned older man would hold me up.  So many times, I remember.  Can You hold me up that I might hold others?  Show me someone that needs holding up and moving forward.  Help me to make sure a young woman or a young man might be held up.  In giving, I am given strength and life.
 
HeartLine, Oklahoma’s Community Crisis Connection, needs community volunteers to help address youth suicide rates in Oklahoma. You can make a difference by becoming a volunteer presenter for HeartLine’s Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative, the Healthy Education for Life Program (HELP)! The next training session will be held on January 14th from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.  Pre-registration and full attendance is required.  To sign up for this training, please contact HeartLine’s Director of Suicide Prevention & Outreach Programs, Lisa Harper, at   lharper@heartlineoklahoma.org or at             405.840.9396       ext. 114.

Phil Larson 405-388-8037 508 Tumbleweed Dr. Yukon, Ok 73099
Facebook - PrayerMetro
LinkedIn - Considerwell
Blog: http://prayermetrodevotion.blogspot.com
to unsubscribe reply with unsubscribe in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment