Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Prayer of Ascents


Oh, Lord.  I have strayed too often from these thoughts of trust and prayer and reliance on Your love and energy and power.  I have trusted in my hand and not Yours.  Why do I do this?  Why do I get the wrong meanings twisted and contorted?  Is there not a God in heaven to show me the next step?

Have I found too much at my own hand?  I have not seen the greatness that I have desired. Yet, I have seen much greater than imagined in lives and hope and changed outlook.

There is You.

There is You.

There is You.

You guide my heart and hands and words and writings.

You guide me to bless and encourage others into a new and living way beyond their expectation.

How can I not now see the hand of provision of all that is needed over all I do and endeavor?

This year, You have been great to me.

Continue Lord.

That is my expectation and preparation of my heart.  I look only to see You greater than all.

No comments:

Post a Comment