Sunday, October 21, 2012

A forecast of joy and gladness for Friend.

Psalm 90:14-15 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble.

It is common to check the weather forecast before going to bed. When you rise, don't you look out the door to see how it looks?  This psalmist decided to write his own forecast.

This morning I rose to pray, Friend, the first thoughts were about my situation.  How sad.  How often have I begun in prayer in my issues.  Our forecast for the day lies in the choices of the prior night and the early morning.

The psalmist in the prior text writes about his issues.  But he started by acknowledging the greatness and goodness of God.  He closes with a prayer of hope and healing.  His pains are framed in power and praise and potential.  What a great way to frame the day.  Satisfy me in the morning and the rest of the day can have joy and gladness.  Sure there are pains and problems.  The touch of the Father is bigger than all my problems and greater than all my fears and more abundant than all my losses.

The forecast for our day lies in the choices of the day. 

This psalmist and I have a similar prayer for you, Friend. 
Prayer: Father, what a sweetness You bring this morning.  We can think of a thousand blessings you have brought.  We can conjure in our minds an hundred great acts we know of Your love.  This week, I saw Your hand of physical healing touch a friend.  This week, I saw Your hand of hopeful continuance touch a friend. This week, I saw Your hand of understanding compassion touch a friend.  This week, I saw Your hand of salvation bring a new friend into the family.  This week, I saw Your lesson of friendship touch a friend a world away. 
So, Father, satisfy my friend, Friend, this morning with Your unfailing love and acceptance.
Satisfy with a glad expectation
Whatever has been a trouble,
Whatever time has been expended in pain,
Whatever loss has been experienced
Bring fresh satisfaction in larger measure
Bring joy bigger than trouble
Bring healing longer than pain
Bring fresh sources that overwhelm the loss
Let the forecast for us all be joy in the morning and gladness through the day.

Phil Larson 405-388-8037
to support financially:
PrayerMetro, Inc. 501c3 508 Tumbleweed Dr. Yukon, Ok 73099
Share every good thing you have with anyone who teaches you what God has said (CEV) Galatians 6:6
I am not trying to get something from you, but I want you to receive the blessings that come from giving. Philippians 4:17
Facebook -
http://www.facebook.com/PrayerMetro
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/prayermetro
Blog:
http://prayermetrodevotion.blogspot.com
to unsubscribe reply with unsubscribe in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment