Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Receiver of Gifts

Matthew 2:11: And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Abundant living is a promise of Jesus. He comes to give us life and life more abundantly. The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Jesus brings abundance. In that abundance is our capacity to respond in giving to Him. He is never embarrassed in receiving. He is a receiver of gifts as well as a giver of abundance. Abundance is the capacity to give.

A few weeks ago I came into my office and found a new Canon laser printer, scanner, and copier. With the ramp up in books and publications and lessons that we are doing it was a God-send. My ten year old laser was shot. The small card simply said, “Merry Christmas.” Immediately, my mouth drooped. Since we were in a bid process with a Canon dealer along with two others, my first thought was that it was from the dealer. It would have to go back. No gifts are ever received from bid agents.

Checking my voice messages, I found one from a friend of PrayerMetro. It was from him. As I turned over the card on which he had written Merry Christmas, I realized it was his business card. All I had to do was turn over the card to have saved myself from those few moments of disappointment. Why is it so hard for us to believe and receive? Some inner force wants to rob us of gifts and joys. Our sour side wants to reject gifts and believe to the bad. Don’t let him. Turn over the card and read the side that identifies the giver, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The heavenly Father is the giver of all good gifts.

ACT! Give to Jesus. You may not have gold or frankincense, but you have something. It may be finances for the kingdom. It may be an ability that will bless the kingdom. Give out of your abundance.

PRAY! Father of Giving, You have enabled me with more than I need. Jesus told me that when I give to the least, I have given to him. Show me where to give of myself of Your abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment