Monday, January 3, 2011

Handsome Bridegroom

The Irregular Daily Dose

Work Day Devotions That Work

Bridegroom

Matthew 9:15: And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

 

Isaiah 61:10: I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

 

Bridegrooms are happy fellows.  Isaiah describes the bridegroom as decked out with ornaments.  His description is of one clothed with salvation and righteousness, ready for the wedding. 

 

Jesus is the bridegroom.  He decks out with us.  We are the ornaments.  We are the prize He takes forward to the wedding.   Surrounded by us, He is happy.  Our joy is in seeing Him get ready for the wedding.

 

ACT!  Get happy.  Think about Jesus getting ready for the great wedding feast reserved for that special day.  Think of yourself as alongside Himin the preparation chamber.

 

PRAY!  Father, I am honored to be in the presence of the groom.  Help me to do my part in getting ready for the wedding.  Enable me to see my role.  Enable me to see salvation and righteousness cloaked over me.  Enable me to see myself as Jesus sees me.  I will be joyful in knowing He is being readied.  I will be joyful in knowing I am being readied with Him.

 

 If we can pray for you regarding anything in your life, please let us know.  Our greatest blessing is to bless others in prayer. .  www.prayermetro.com   Phil@prayermetro.com


To unsubscribe simply reply to this message with the word unsubscribe in your subject line.

1 comment: