Friday, March 2, 2012

Laughing


Laughing

Victims are inactive.
Survivors are reactive.
Dreamers are preactive.
Winners are proactive.   Dennis Waitley

Consider the position of communications and messaging in our world.  Facebook for me spans connections that include physicians, polititians, homemakers, ministers, students, teens, elderly, and business men and women.   There are community and industry and friend and family connections.  The same is true of my linkedin connections.  With little overlap, there are over 1000 people.  I have more connections than that.  My regular email postings go to over 3000.  Without these tools I would never be able to communicate with them.

Does that make me a LION or a celeb or just a friendly person?  Actually I am concerned about others.  I care to know more about you than your name and gender.  And that brings communication and connection.

Sometimes teen friends in Mexico use text babble in Spanish.  It is as hard to translate as English text babble.  I may not catch all the drift, but I grow and laugh.

Sometimes my marketing friends go into jargon that pushes me to read and research.  I grow and laugh.

Sometimes my preacher friends run on and on and on.  I grow and laugh.

Sometimes people assume we all believe as they do and take vitriolic digs at other people and other ideas.  I grow and I don't laugh.

There are jokes and shared beauties and exposed emotions and new realities and deep thoughts expressed in real time.  The front porch of my Mayberry spans the globe, cultures, generations, and languages.  I enjoy and I laugh.

I laugh in joy to be able to engage so many wonderful expressions of people living in this blessed world.

Laugh.


Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

1 comment: