Sunday, July 29, 2012

“We can do no great things; only small things with great love.” Mother Teresa

We can do no great things; only small things with great love.” Mother Teresa

With that philosophy, she started with only herself.  In 43 years she developed over 4000 colaborers in missions and started over 100 outreaches in 25 nations.

 

Psalm 92:13-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing,
To declare that the Lord is upright;
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

 

Proverbs 12:12b    NIV 1984 but the root of the righteous flourishes (endures, continues to grow and prosper).

 

The parable of the talent brings fresh revelation to my decisions and moments.  You know the story.  Three men commissioned to produce found joy and pain.  Two find joy by expressing the strength and insight place in them to profit the house of the master. The third finds pain and confusion as he holds back his gift and trust.

 

Emergence

Starting in 1980, there has been an emergence of kingdom growth and impact surrounding my efforts combined with the Father's goodness.  The men at Christian Outreach imbedded in me a missionary focus and compassionate touch.  Prison ministry and then small groups increased impact and development of men, women, and children in Christ.  A small mission in El Reno grew among Native Americans.  Over site of over 100 ministries expanded my ability to see and develop.  A mission staffed with 50 volunteers serves 20,000 meals a month to the working poor through betterment of talent.  Team building and joint study with CBMC leadership here in OKC improves my vision for men and impact.  Focusing on the entire metro I have seen the Father bring 150 congregations together for fathering training.  Black, Latino, Aramaic, Orthodox, Baptist, Nazarene or Charismatic independent makes no difference in this work of the Father.  Today some 3200 people worldwide including 1800 legislators in 13 states receive encouragement and are built in kingdom living.

 

All of this progress and much more happened while working in the business community full time and giving only part-time energy to kingdom growth.  There is value in staying connected to the world's lifeline.  It maintains a sensitivity and practical approach to ministry.

 

Finish The Course

In the latter stages of my most productive years it behooves me to be like the man with ten talents who produced and then was given more.  A business mentor told me, “Phil, you are in the most productive 20 years of your life.”  A bishop mentor told me, “You need to start now.”

 

Opportunity

Sun Tzu once wrote, “Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

 

During reorganization for the main company I have served for the last 12 years, my wife and I prayed and asked ourselves a piercing question.  What would I do if there were no limitations?  How do we believe God wants me to finish the race in my most productive years? 

 

First Steps

The answer is simple.  Some 20 years ago in prayer, I concluded at some point I would split  time 50/50 in kingdom building and business activity.  Both should produce an income.  Both should prosper. The activities should be supportive and complementary.

 

So, we have taken a plunge of abandon to the grace of God.  With a buffer to provide for our needs for a few months, we have set out again in the journey of faith.  Really, we've never faltered in pushing with faith and growing.  Yet, there are moments of stretch that must be engaged with intensity for the largeness of God's response.

 

Initial contracts are coming together for business productivity.  We shall see how that works.  They are all performance based.  I like that. That is the first of the 50% commitments.

 

Development of small groups is a personal passion.  Having written over six years of weekly study material on relationships with God and each other and leadership, there is wealth of material.  In our churches on Sunday morning are less than 25% of the population.  Maybe 20% of those are active.  That is only 5% engaged.  The Other 75 may never come to a church building and traditional setting.  I want to go to them with a new fervor.  They are my focus.  I want to teach others to do the same to allow the Holy Spirit to multiply impact.  There will be business, government, education, and neighborhood groups to dispense the energy of Christ. The same energy that raised Him from the dead is available where we live.  This is about going.  There is no need for a building and the supportive costs, just empowered believers reaching neighbors, who become empowered believers reaching neighbors.

 

Reaching the other 37 state legislatures takes time.  I’d like to be in those private office chambers by November.  What could happen in our nation with our state legislators encouraged by the word of God and empowered with impacting prayer.  Read the full page of notes at the end of this letter and see what is happening.

 

The work among the churches continues.  Even in August I am assisting with a Racial Reconciliation Summit and Back to School in Matamoros, Mexico and working with helping several church organizations in development activities.  All free of charge.

 

These are the second of the 50% commitments.

 

Partners in Fruit Bearing

Paul in his letters notes those that give into the support of a ministry have the fruit of that ministry accounted to them also.  Philippians 4:17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account.

 

In other places in scripture we are advised to not muzzle the ox that treads the grain and to give to those that teach with honor. 

 

1 Cor. 9: 8-10 Do I say these things as a mere man? Or does not the law say the same also?  For it is written in the law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain”. Is it oxen God is concerned about?  Or does He say it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written, that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be partaker of his hope.

 

Galatians 6:6 -8 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

 

It is a joy to give into a fruit bearing work.  God has great plans and activities afoot.  Being a part of that is a phenomenal blessing for those that conjoin in vision, finance, grace, and blessing.  How many opportunities do you have to be a part of something big God is doing.

 

This week I start three studies.  One is with seven unchurched couples.  Yes, seven couples who asked me to come to them.  People are hungry for the love of Christ outside the buildings.

 

So here is what the work needs.  You have been receiving.  Many of you for 15 years.  This work of God needs support.

 

The offer is simple:  All the fruit of the ministry goes to your account in heaven.  You commit to support PrayerMetro for 90 days either $50, $100, or $150 a month or any other amount.  $5 is a blessing.  Give as a joy as your heart leads you.  Just  August, September, October.

 

Your Brother in Christ and Servant in Ministry,

 

 

Phil Larson

PrayerMetro

508 Tumbleweed Dr.

Yukon, Oklahoma 73099

all gifts to PrayerMetro are tax deductible as an approved 501 C 3 since 2002.

405-388-8037

 

Please excuse me for not writing sooner  Posted on February 24, 2012 

After several weeks of praying for legislators in several states, these notes came in this week.  Healing, peace, comfort, and changed legislative results. Prayer should be effective and make changes.

Below are excerpts from notes received this week:

Please excuse me for not writing sooner. I want you to know how much I appreciate your prayers – I’ve read them all and it is a blessing.

Thank you so much

Thanks, again, Phil, for your many prayers. They certainly helped make our recently-concluded session far less confrontational than previous ones. God bless you for your thoughtfulness

 A month ago, my wife and I had a deep conversation. I confessed some wounds of my past, she prayed over healing for me and confirmed her love. Since then……I have had a freedom I have never known before. So, thank you so much for praying…..I believe they are having deep influence

Thank you Phil for your prayer.

Your prayers continue to encourage me

It’s amazing how appropriate and needed your prayers are. Thank you so very much

This prayer resonates with the Sixth Step work I am doing in ,,,,,, Anonymous currently. It also fits nicely with the reflection I will be offering at my church this Sunday (the first Sunday in Lent). Whatever spiritual path is your own, may the journey from winter to spring bring you many insights and much joy.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support. I have great news—the Lord has healed my cancer and I am in full remission. Just wanted to pass along that huge Amen to you.

Thanks. Your prayers and encouragements have sustained and blessed me.

to unsubscribe reply with unsubscribe in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment