Monday, July 13, 2009

Great Light

Matthew 4: 14: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,  15: The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; 16: The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

 

Too many times in life we live in the shadow and region of death.  Darkness surrounds us in our minds in hearts.  Meeting with Jesus means meeting with light.  His light dispels the shadows and puts us in a bright place.

 

When Jesus is on the scene, there is a springing up of light.  That is active.  That is powerful.  Darkness causes us to sit and be inactive.  Jesus springs with activity and light to get us back into motion.  Death is brown.   It is the refraction of light that lets us see color.  His light brings back color.

 

The prayers of the saints for each other are wonderful.  Struggling with many trials can get old and cold.  When another saint sees and takes prayerful action, it is a blessing.  It brings light to a dark situation.  That happened to me recently.  As I worked through many items for others, other saints prayed for me.  The light of that prayer sustained me so I could sustain others in their hard moments.  It all works together. 

 

Interesting that in the last few weeks, many friends have called and taken time to visit.  From golf games at the lake to lunches in the Asian district to just visiting in the office to phone calls, it has been a few weeks of friends.  Wow it is so good to have light shone on my path.

  

ACT!  Describe a place of  hurt and pain to Jesus.  Imagine what it would be like in that spot with bright, brilliant light shining all over and colorful plants growing all around.

 

PRAY!  Father,  there are areas of my life that need light.  I have given up on anything other than death and despair in that room of my heart.  Give me the courage to let Jesus meet me in that room.  Surely, He will bring light and color back to my darkness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment