Sunday, October 24, 2010

What reason do we have for departing from Jesus' influence, Evotion.

Irregular Daily Dose

Departed

Matthew 8:33: And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils. 34: And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts.

 

Our lives are full of such inequities.  At one moment we want Jesus.  At the next moment we don't want Him.  In our torments and fears, our patience for His presence is absent.  We want Him to move, and we want Him now.  Once the threat is gone, we tend to want to go back to our normalcy.  The very items in our lives that brought on the torment are welcomed back.  Jesus is given the boot.  We slip back into our pains slowly with a dull, methodical rhythmic pattern of self inflicted wounding through sin.

 

ACT!  Don't slip back.  Don't let the old style of life creep back in and chase Jesus' influence away.  Make a concerted effort today to unearth some old sin pattern into which you are slipping back.  Re-invite Jesus to chase it out.

 

PRAY! What a wonder You are, Father.  When I fall, You are there.  When I slip, You are there.  When I stumble, You are there.  Place my feet on the Solid Rock.  Deliver me from my fears.  Let them not overwhelm me.  Banish them so that I might enjoy time with You.



To unsubscribe simply reply to this message with the word unsubscribe in your subject line.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment