Thursday, June 9, 2011

Evotion, Bring Joy To Your Fathers

Proverbs 15:20
Wise children make their fathers happy
 
All of us have had more than one "boss".  A good boss can be a good father.  A bad boss can be a bad father.  Every boss has the opportunity to nurture and develop those in their care.
 
One of my bosses was an old style New York Italian.  G watched over me.  At times he was hard, cussed, and demanding.  Always, he cared.  Always, he took time to drill into me key lessons that have served me for decades.
 
One lesson came tough.  It had been my demeanor to be poised and easy even under pressure.  One afternoon, G came in my office, closed the door and confronted me.  "Larson you need to know when to overreact.  Don't do it when you are angry.  Don't do it out of fear.  Do it when you need to get attention on a key item.  Be purposeful."  That lesson has served me many times.
 
G took care of me.  Though I was not eligible for bonus payout, for two years, I received significant bonuses.  He made it happen because I made it happen for him in the department.
 
A wise employee can make a boss happy and reap good reward.
 
Action:  Think about your work situation.  Can you find a way to make a superior happen?  What can you do to advance the vision?
 
Pray:  Father, You are the Father of all Bosses.  They get their authority and placement from You. Watch over us.  Watch over those that watch over us.  Help us to be faithful so they can be blessors of our lives.

Phil Larson
405-388-8037
508 Tumbleweed Dr.
Yukon, Ok 73099

to unsubscribe reply with unsubscribe in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment