Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Help, right early...

Psalm 46:5 God is in the middle of us; we shall not be moved: God shall help us, and that right early. (modified a little).
 
So, trust in God is not so tricky.
Or is it?
 
Trust brings God into our situations.  Maybe we don't really want Him there.  Recently, when working through some frustrations, it was in prayer I could see part of my life bred in fear.  That fear was not something I wanted to address.  Why not leave it alone?
 
God is in the middle.
 
After a mid-day run in the neighborhood to clear my mind, I opened facebook on my smartphone.  Pastor Charles had left a posting noting pain is a good place to look for energy and motivation to address undercurrents.  Ouch.  "God, why not just stay out of my situation?  I like my hidden pain."  It took some doing, but I faced it and moved on to higher ground in my thinking and heart.
 
God is in the middle.  We shall not be moved.
 
Working through updating my business plan, I found great progress.  How did He get it done?  Surely, my efforts are not what did it.  We are progressing in areas not planned while struggling in some others.  In the balance, we are ahead of plan.
 
God is in the middle.  We shall not be moved.  God shall help
 
Oh, a trouble's a ton, or a trouble's an ounce,
              6    Or a trouble is what you make it,
              7And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
              8    But only how did you take it?
Edmund Vance Cooke - How Did You Die?
 
The result of trouble can be resolution.  There is plenty of trouble to be shared.  God helps.  He intervenes. 
Right now, a friend and I are working to help men and families in Matamoros.  The results are incredible.  Many congregations in OKC have come alongside.  A dirt floor is now a finished church.  When we go in August, we expect 500 kids at back to school.  The first time a few years ago was less than 100.  Somehow, God will help and get it done, just like every year.
 
God is in the middle. We shall not be moved.  God shall help us.  And that right early. 
 
What a laugh.  Right early means expressly in the nick of time.  Rarely is He earlier than we need.  Always is He on time.
In our business, we are working on a planned revenue growth.  We have hit it surprisingly exactly on the day need it.  It can be stressful and joyful and stirs my thankfulness. 
In the outreach to Matamoros, we have always had exactly what we needed.
 
On a lighter note, I am back running.  It is hot.  My feet hurt.  I am struggling.  For Father's Day, I received a gift of a pair of UKGEAR running shoes.  They are incredible.  Six miles later, my feet don't hurt and I am running with much better endurance.  The heat was just about to do me under and the foot pain was working to stop me totally.  Just right early.
 
Prayer:
So, Father, trusting You brings You into my situation.  So often, I would like to handle my situations without You.  But You come in response to my trust.  You come at just the right turn.  You come and make our efforts in what we consider small and in what we consider big to work at just the right time.  Pain can be erased.  Progress can be encouraged.  Joy can be exploded.  All because You are You.  Thanks, Father.
 
 
ps.  All the lessons on fathering can be found at http://prayermetrodevotions.blogspot.com  
Phil Larson
405-388-8037
508 Tumbleweed Dr.
Yukon, Ok 73099

to unsubscribe reply with unsubscribe in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment