Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family Man

Matthew 1: 16: And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.Born of men, born of a woman, and born to destiny was Jesus, the Christ.

Meeting Jesus means meeting a human full of humanity. Jesus meets us in this frail human family of Joseph and Mary. A simple husband was Joseph. This family came from a line of prostitutes, murderers, connivers, kings, and faithful men and women. They look just like our families.

Jesus is a family man. While He is the Christ, the anointed, the Messiah, He is a simple family man from a flawed, fractured, but persistent family life.

ACT! Thank God for your family line. Don't worry about the problems. Praise Him that you exist at all through that family line.

PRAY! Faithful Father, You brought me to the this time and place in life. You gave me the family line. You gave me a father and mother. I exist. No matter how flawed that line, I have destiny. There is an anointing in Jesus for me through You.

No comments:

Post a Comment