Thursday, January 22, 2009

Simple Governor

Matthew 2:6: And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Life deals us situations that need governance beyond our human capabilities. While they may be simple situations, they nonetheless need a Governor, who can rule and reign over them. Tough stuff gets out of control and needs to be brought back. Thoughts, emotions, actions, mindsets, addictions can get out of hand in us. Jesus is a Governor, who can help us get rule over them.

ACT! Think of a tough situation that needs governing in your life. How did it get there? Can it be that someone who can rule over it can solve it? Let Him start on it.

PRAY! Holy Father, You know the areas of life that are out of control for me. You provided Jesus to be a Governor. He came from a simple place to apply simple principles in my life. I give You my out of control life in need of a Governor. Embrace me in Your peace and solution.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Forgive me if you thought this was directed at you. It was directed at certain individuals in my life that I am displeased with. I appreciate your comments, I hope this did not cause any offense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not at all... But there are times when I've over stepped in life, there are times when I've been crass, and there are times I was inconsiderate... for those and the pains I carry from when others have done the same to me, this missive you wrote was a good cathartic. It touched deep areas. I appreciate that. Pain can be either the presence of a wound inflicted, a wound growing or a wound healing. Mea culpa. Kyrie eleison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Phil, I do have a few things that need correcting. I prayed for my wife and I both. Thanks again. Louie

    ReplyDelete