Sunday, January 4, 2009

Giver of Life

Matthew 1: 2: Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;

Jesus comes from the line of Abraham. Abraham was a giver of life. Abraham turned faith into a lineage of ability and more life. Abraham was an investor in the future. His sights were always set forward.

Meeting Jesus means meeting the future. He is future focused. He intends to begat. He intends to birth new life, new dreams, new ways, and new opportunities for you.

ACT! Take that dream of yours. Think of who else could be involved. Give them the opportunity to be a part.

PRAY! Gracious Father of Life, Jesus challenges me to be like You. You are a Father. Abraham got his ways from You, the Father of fathers. Teach me to birth newness through others.

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Thank You for your comment. Would like me to tell you something few people know? I am the daughter of an assistant pastor and I used to be a youth leader at the church my parents attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I spent the majority of my childhood in church. Six days a week. I was there so much, I'm surprised my name is not Pew. Anyway, the best thing it did for me was stir me to find out more for myself. What I saw was not what I though should be. Too much religion and not enough love and faith. It sent me on a four year quest that included Zen, TM, Psychology, a little Castenada, until I found some folks who lived their faith in person. Then I started reworking my beliefs from scratch, a bible, and real people reality. Remember, you can email me direct anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hrix has left a new comment on your post "Jesus - Named":

    wow.

    we do "Bible Study" once a week and your site is something like it.

    keep it up.

    Happy New Year and God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hrix.blogspot.com ... .check it out

    ReplyDelete