Monday, January 5, 2009

God With Us

Matthew 1:23: Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

For us today, what greater part of Jesus could there be? He is God with us. Later in one of his letters, Paul, tells us He is the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form. Then Paul tells us in Jesus we are complete. He is God. He is God with us. He is all that God is, living inside of us, who have believed and received.

ACT! Eliminate doubt. It is an incredible thought that God could be readily available and actually living inside of my circumstances. Talk yourself into believing that. Read the above verse out loud to yourself about ten times.

PRAY! Wow, Father! This is too much. When I think of the goodness and mercy that You dispense in this single sentence, I am awed. Thank You for coming to live in me. Thank You for coming to stay with me every moment of the day. Thank You for being the God that You are in my daily living.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Thank You for following my blog. I am pleased you have deemed it fit to follow. I hope these next words do not offend you, but I find it somewhat funny that you seem to give me forms of advice. It makes me wonder, what makes you believe? What makes you so sure I am interested in what you have to say? Again I do not mean to offend, I am just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not offended at all. Thank you for not being offended. My heart is to encourage. Most folks appreciate honest encouragement.

    Seems like you will tell me if you find something offensive. Please do.

    Seems to me the only way to find if a person is interested in an area is to approach the line lightly. It would be easier to converse to a face. Eyes tell so much. They speak without words. The face is the greatest conversationalist. But in this mode, we only have words.

    Only you know if you are interested or if a word strikes a good chord. Only I could regret of not having written it should I feel a prompting sparked of an inner prayer. Regret lingers too long to risk.

    Simple answer for me? When a word of encouragement is used of God to heal, to release a pain, to spark a light, to comfort, to remove a doubt, to help, to open an insight in a human, to ease a wound then my day was worth the living. Maybe it lands with a dead thump. Okay, but the chance that it might not is a well taken gambit. Over the years, it is the words written that seem to me to mean nothing that seem to mean the most to others. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete